Saturday, December 11, 2010

How to measure success

When does an author know that a book signing was a huge success? Does he/she have to sell a dozen or more books to feel as if it was worth the time? Or is it networking that makes a signing successful? I think it can be measured in fun.

Today, I had a book signing at a small, privately owned bookstore in Henderson, NC. Abagayle's Books www.abagaylesbooks.com 

I didn't sell many books. But several friends showed up along with my number one fan (other than mom~) And I reconnected with an old friend from high school. ( Hey Pat!) But mostly, we sat around, talking books, movies and politics with the amazing Abagayle. What a fabulous lady! She is a heroine in the making.

I may not have made a fortune today, but I sold a few books, reconnected with some people from my past, had a fun time with friends, and even made a new friend. To me, that spells success!

Pictured here is Becky Booth (best book reviewer, friend, and fan) Me, and the wonderful Abagayle!

Thanks ladies for a wonderful afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful day with long ago friends and meeting new friends today. Lilly and Abagayle are amazing women who make an enjoyable afternoon chat fantastic even on a dreary wet day!
    Abagayle's Books is quaint, very appealing bookstore in Henderson, NC that I will be visiting as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for coming, Becky! It wouldn't have been the same without you.

    ReplyDelete